A bike show was organised for the 18th of August 2012 at Kevin Boss' shed at Links road St.Mary's
A great winters day with a fantastic array of Cafe Racers , Dirt Trackers , Road Racers and standard bikes. This was undoubtedly the Best Line up I have had the pleasure in seeing for quite a while.
Ivan turned up on his Bike after leaving home with a van and trailer minus all the vans water.?? Possible welsh plug departed.
Best modified bike on the day went to Geoff Watson's "Board Tracker" a great looking Hard tail with unique exhausts. Geoff had three bikes in the show , 2 Dirt track bikes and the award winning Tracker.2 years ago Geoff had a ride on one of my Flat trackers and now has 6 XS machines with 2 more in progress. Its a sickness ha ha??
The prize winners below:- Geoff Watson and Mark Peatman
Best standard bike went to Mark Peatman on his XS2.Mark also presented his new project in a Red Cafe racer that is nearing completion. Mark also has a Dirt tracker and Dirt Track sidecar( sidecar is 30 years old).
I had all my sons Stephens bikes there , Road sidecar , Street Tracker , Dirt Tracker and P4 road Racer (clubman level) He could not attend as he is on manoeuvres with the Army.
Geoff Bamford showed the Police Bike .
Dave Rayner brought out the super modified which always gets the conversation going.
Junior (Bill Wallis) turned up respectably late just in time for a feed.
Lots of others turned up and had an enjoyable day ,
It was good to get together and see how creative and versatile The XS members have become.
An Apology to all who attended Kevin Boss’s big day out because there were some I missed.
First of all a huge thank you to Kevin Boss for allowing us to use his Big Blokes Shed.
The standard of Bikes in attendance was Outstanding!!! , each and every motorcycle was a winner in its own right , I will attempt to cover as many as possible and if I miss someone then sorry but there was so many great examples I was Blown Away.
1. Geoff Watson , Boardtracker –top modified.
2. “ . Dirt Track monoshock.
3. “ . Dirt Track twin shock.
4. Ivan Hoey . XS1 Dirt track racer.
5. “ . Special with clutch mod.
6. “Bungy” . Monoshock special.
7. Geoff Bamford . Police Bike.
8. Mark Peatman . XS2 – Top stock.
9. “ . XS2 café racer.
10. Mark Azzarpardi . Maltese Falcon café racer. (loud).
11. Bill Wallis . café special.
12. Stephen Conlon . TX sidecar.
13. “ . XS2 period 4 Road Racer.
14. “ . TX Trailbike.
15. “ . TX dirt track racer.
16. John Archer . Black Café , (John Player lookalike).
17. Pat Newman . XS1 stocker.
18. Dave Raynor . Belt Drive Masterpiece.
19. Noel Beard . Two Tone Special.
20. Col Waltho . Half finished café.
21. . Black Special.
22. Rod Johnson . Furry seat Special.
Hobbs . ??Ducati??
what the ?? His missus turned up to make sure he left on time.
24. Bruce ?? . XS1 stocker.
25. Andrew Iggo . Special (arrived after all packed up).
Again I know I missed a
few and there are a lot more projects in the wind so in a few months when warmer
weather arrives we might even have a bigger rollout.
Please let everyone know that Kev
Boss (0422348510) has XS1,XS1B &
Manuals for sale at $25.00 with all proceeds going to Tony Filmer's Family.